Follow me on Academia.edu.
For fiction and poetry publications, go here.
- S. H. Kenyon, “An Ecological Development Abstraction for Artificial Intelligence,” AAAI Fall Symposium Series, Nov. 2013. PDF. Poster.
- S. Kenyon, “Is Humanism False?” IEET, Jan 15, 2013.
- S. Kenyon, “Why You Should Care About (Post)Human Factors,” IEET, Jan 8, 2010.
- S. Kenyon, “Would You Still Love Me If I Was A Robot?” Journal of Evolution and Technology, Vol. 19, Issue 1, Sept. 2008, pp. 17-27. PDF.
- S. H. Kenyon, “Behavioral software agents for real time games,” IEEE Potentials, July/Aug 2006. PDF. (This is a revision of the 2003 IEEE Student Conference paper listed below.)
- J.F. Apgar, M. Bober, W.W. Cheng, J.S. Edelson, J. Furtado, B. Howell, A. Huang, S.H. Kenyon, A.N. Knaian, D. Newburg, J. Santiago, D. Tzeranis, “ORCA-VIII: An Autonomous Underwater Vehicle,” AUVSI/ONR 8th International Autonomous Underwater Vehicle Competition, Aug. 2005. PDF.
- S. H. Kenyon, D. Creary, D. Thi, J. Maynard, “A small, cheap, and portable reconnaissance robot,” Sensors and C3I Technologies for Homeland Security and Homeland Defense IV, Proc. of SPIE Vol. 5778, 2005. [5778-63]. PDF. PS.
- S. H. Kenyon (as “Flanneltron”), “Neo-Emotions.” Transhumanity, Feb. 14, 2005. (See also The Future of Emotions.)
- J. Irvine, S. K. Ralph, M. R. Stevens, S. Kenyon, D. M. Anderson, M. S. Snorrason, D. Gwilt, “A scoring, truthing, and registration toolkit for evaluation of target detection and tracking,” Automatic Target Recognition XIV, Proceedings of SPIE Vol. 5426, 2004.
- S. Kenyon, “A Script System and Path Editor for Autonomous Mobile Robots,” 2004 IEEE Region 1 Student Conference at Stony Brook University, April 2004. PDF.
- S. Kenyon, “Behavioral Autonomous Software Agents for Real-Time Simulations,” 2003 IEEE Region 1 Student Conference at Boston University, April 2003. PS.
- S.H. Kenyon, “Context-Form Considerations for Ecological Developmental Systems.” Draft in progress, 2013. PDF.
- S.H. Kenyon, “Agent Collaboration Using Anigrafs,” March, 2008. PDF (version 0.9c).
- Society of Mind / Emotion Machine papers (for the SOM/EM subject I took in Spring 2005):
- “The Mind is Not An Etch-A-Sketch: Learning with Society-of-Mind Structures,” May 2005 (minor update August 2005). PDF.
- “Transplanting Commonsense Structures,” essay for Emotion Machine Ch. 6. PDF.
- “Injured Critics,” essay for Emotion Machine Ch. 7. PDF.
- “Biomimetic Emotional Learning Agents,” extended abstract Jan 2005. PDF.
- “Inherence and Nonsubstantial Particulars: An Object-Oriented View.” Written for a Northeastern University Metaphysics course, Fall 2004. PDF.
- S. Kenyon, “The Need for Emotional Architectures in Practical Robots,” 2003. PDF.
- S. Kenyon, “Virtuality: The Ultimate Simulation”, 2003. PDF.
News and Editorials
- “Job Security of the Future,” Northeastern News, Feb. 5, 2003.
- “Programmable Propaganda,” Northeastern News, 2002.
- “NU-Trons Gear Up: Robot rivalry learning experience” Northeastern News, Oct. 9, 2002.